Modern laptops do come with good displays. But at some point in time due to some unknown reasons, the displays might show signs of not working properly. Some of those reasons might be losing colors in some areas of the display or even the display may deteriorate rapidly too. So, fo that one ca always connect an external display with the laptop and use it accordingly. But How does one connect an external display to a laptop? Well, that is what we will be discussing today.
How To Connect An External Display To Laptop:
First of all, there are two different kinds of OS, that are mainly used by us today. So, we will be talking about both of these separately. You can check the steps down below.
Connecting External Display in Windows:
Connecting an External Display to Windows is quite easy, you just have to follow the steps provided below accordingly and that would be all.
- First, locate the port in which you are required to connect the display port. Now, different laptops have different types of display ports, so make sure that the display you have or the display that you want to buy has the same type of ports. If your laptop is an older version than the port might be different than the new ones.
- Now, after you have the display with the same port, then you need to plugin the display port to the laptop. And after that, you are required to hold the “Fn” button and along with that, you are also required to a key that has a computer icon on it. It’s generally any of the “F” keys, so just check those, and that would be it.
By any chance, if there is no computer icon on any of the kes then consult te laptop manual and that would be all.
Connecting External Display in macOS:
macOS users can follow the steps mentioned below and this will only work for those who have 10.8 or later.
- First of all, you need to access the System Preference Menu and from there select the Displays option.
- After that, you are required to press and hold the Option Key.
- A Detect Display button will be available at the bottom right corner of the display. Click on it, as this will ask the OS to look for any displays attached to the system or not.
And that’s all, these are the steps that you are required to follow to connect an external display to your laptop. We hope that the provided information has been of help to you.